Monday, August 17, 2009

A Great Lesson for Network Marketers


Just how do Network Marketers differentiate themselves?
Several weeks ago the husband of one of my Network marketing friends was laid off. Of course it was unexpected but the economy is hurting a lot of people everywhere and being a professional is no protection.
As she told me her story, I thought: No big deal - Sandra has been in this business for 9 years, has an established down line, and as a part-timer earns a respectable $35k per year.
Then, the "Rest of the Story" began to unfold.
Yes her down line was there, and yes she had lots of customers, but...
Over the past 2 or 3 years Sandra admitted to not doing the necessary follow-up with her down-line or her customers. So it turns out that the $35k was more like $25k and dropping.
Man, this is a problem for every Network marketer I know. After awhile, we begin to get too comfortable and ignore the very things that made us successful. You should never stop doing the things that made you a success.
Most of know that the customer is not really buying a/the product. The customer is buying an experience.
  • I purchased these health products for improved health - An Experience
  • I bought the flat screen TV so I could see Football in HD - An Experience
  • I purchased these products from Sandra because she makes sure I take them properly and always asks about how I'm doing -- Another Experience.
So, by not servicing you customer you are denying them An Experience which ultimately ends up in lost revenue.
Sandras' story fortunately is turning around, she is re-connecting with her down line and customers and guess what? Her business is growing.
Remember Service is the Key. Know your customer and give them what they want -- An Experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment